January 19, 2023 • 0 comments
Perfect to use in soups, and other yummy recipes!
- Servings: 4 qts.
- 1 chicken, 1-2 chicken carcasses, or 3-4# chicken necks, backs and wings
- 4 qts. Water
- 2-4 chicken feet, opt.
- 1-2 chicken heads, opt.
- 2 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- Put chicken in a pot with the water.
- Add feet and heads (if using) and the vinegar.
- Let sit for 30 min., to give the vinegar time to leach the minerals out of the bones.
- Add veggies and turn on heat.
- Bring to boil and skim scum.
- Reduce to barely a simmer, cover and cook for 6 to 24 hours.
- Let broth cool, strain, and add 1 t. salt per qt.