"Wedding" Chicken Vegetable Soup
January 20, 2023 • 0 comments
We served it to 500+ wedding guests at my sister's wedding reception!
- 1/2 c. butter or coconut oil
- 1 c. diced celery
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 2 qt. chicken broth
- 1 qt. tomato juice or water
- 4 c. diced potatoes or 1 c. uncooked rice
- 2 c. peas or green beans
- 2 c. diced or shredded carrots
- 4 c. chopped cooked chicken
- 1-2 T. sea salt
- 1 T. Italian seasoning or oregano
- 2 t. garlic powder or 3 cloves garlic, minced
Melt butter in a large kettle. Add celery & onions; cook until tender. Add broth, tomato juice or water, and vegetables (& rice if using). simmer until vegetables are tender. Add chicken and seasonings. Taste for salt and add more seasonings if needed. Simmer until ready to serve. Makes about 6 qts.
- Can substitute turkey for chicken if desired.
- Check out our Chicken Broth recipe: https://prairiecreekpastures.com/recipes/chicken-broth
Found in Amazingly Simple cookbook by Ruth Shirk